Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Tired, tired, tired

I actually almost wrote the sentence "today's been kind of a weird week," which about tells you the mental haze I'm operating under right now. I'm not sure what exactly it is; I mean, I've been tired, but it's not like I'm getting significantly less sleep than usual. I do feel that I've been sleeping somewhat fitfully, though, so that may be a large part of the problem. Either way, this whole week so far has been fairly hazy; I barely know what day it is. On the one hand, I can barely believe it's Wednesday already... and on the other, it's only Wednesday???

Sorry about not updating the Challenge page. I'll try and remember to do it tonight. But we do all know how things are ending at this point, so it seems less pressing. In fact, most of you may not even care that I haven't done it. But I will anyway. Maybe.

Pub trivia last night, which I was enticed to at least as much by the promise of free food - finally cashing in on my share of the gift certificate I helped win back in September - as Jan's presence or anything else. It was pretty fun, though, and exciting as we won again, making up a five-point deficit thanks to missing just a single question in the last round. (To toot my own horn a little bit, we nearly went the wrong way on the "which baseball position has hit the most total home runs in history?" question, but I was able to correctly choose first base after some discussion.) So I guess I'm going back at least one more time.

That reminds me: for the small segment of people who don't already know about it but actually would have any interest, you can, if you so choose, vote in Greg and Leah's indie/college rock tournament at http://so-prolix.blogspot.com.

Speaking of links, I've started to semi-try my hand at a semi-humor site discussing upcoming movies that will blow. It's sort of like my old "Movies to Avoid the Shit Out Of" features theme-wise, with a moderate stylistic debt to sites like Go Fug Yourself and The Superficial. Anyway, feel free to check out the Movies That Will Suck blog. I hope it's at least a little funny.

Do I want to go to Duck Bowl on the 22nd of April? Seeing as how this entails writing a packet in three weeks at the most (not that this is hard, but then I do work now), and then driving to Indiana and back the week before I fly to Austin and back... I don't know that I do. It's a lot easier to play quiz bowl on consecutive weekends when the only thing you have on Mondays is a missable class period.

No comments: