Sunday, August 14, 2005

This post would be longer, but I have more Sudoku to play

When it came up as the answer to a tossup at the Burns, I had no idea what the hell Sudoku was (as evidenced by the fact that I spelled it wrong in my notes). In fact, it's amazingly fun and incredibly addictive. All you have to do is place numbers in a 9x9 grid so that every row, every column, and every smaller 3x3 box contains the numbers 1 through 9 only once. I'm still on the "Light and Easy" section in the book of 100 I just bought, but that's only the first 25. 26-50 are "Moderate," 51-75 are "Demanding," and 76-100 are "Beware! Very Challenging." I think the difference is mostly just how many numbers the puzzle gives you to start (and maybe how many are in any given area, as well). If you like being logical and deducing answers using your reasoning abilities, this very well may be the game for you. Certainly it is for me.

I promised some discussion of books, but that will have to wait as I'm tired.

No comments: