Thursday, August 11, 2005

Johnny Trash sings the blues

Quiz bowl is a funny game
You have to love it 'cause there's no fame
Though I was strapped for cash
I gave a weekend to play Trash

I went to Ann Arbor to play Trash
I drove, drove, drove, and I didn't even crash
And it's Burns, Burns, Burns, the singles Trash
It's singles Trash

I played Craig, Greg and the rest
Alma came too and she's the best
You may ask, "How did it go"
And I say, "Just click below"

I went to Ann Arbor to play Trash
I drove, drove, drove, and I didn't even crash
And it's Burns, Burns, Burns, the singles Trash
It's singles Trash

Now that's what I call commitment to a bit. Yes, Alma and I (with the packet-less and thus moderation-bound Colby in tow) headed to Ann Arbor this past weekend for the Montgomery Burns singles Trash tournament. So did I do any better than last year? Read on to find out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Props to Alma for the "Bear City" tossup. For like a year now, I'd been thinking the odd facts they mention in that sketch would make a good tossup, but I had nowhere to write it.

I think I would have loved the D.B. Cooper question as well.

Ryan said...

what on earth is Bear City?

Anonymous said...

Bear City is an SNL sketch that's run about seven times during the past season. They usually run it toward the end of the show if they are running short on time.

The concept is that a meteor strike kills all humans and bears evolve to fill the void, but the bears end up emulating human behavior. The sketch then shows the bears getting into typical human problems.

Anonymous said...

I can send you the question, if you like.