Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Ripped from the blog-memes

Stealing from JQ, here's the first post that hopes to get people more involved. I have listed below 20 artists who have just one song in my WinAmp playlist. Your job? Guess which one in the comments box. I'll update this as people guess correctly. One-hit wonders will generally be excluded, because that's too easy.

1. Avril Lavigne - Complicated (Tyler)
2. Beck - Where It's At (Tyler)
3. Billy Idol - White Wedding (Tyler)
4. Bon Jovi - Living on a Prayer (Tyler)
5. Boston
6. Bush - Glycerine (Drew)
7. Cat Stevens - The Wind (Drew)
8. Crosby, Stills and Nash
9. Dido - White Flag (James)
10. George Harrison
11. Jackson Browne - Doctor My Eyes (Drew)
12. John Lennon - Imagine (Drew)
13. Journey - Don't Stop Believing (James)
14. Neil Diamond - Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show (Drew)
15. Paul Simon - Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard (Drew)
16. The Pixies - Where Is My Mind (Greg)
17. Smashing Pumpkins - 1979 (James)
18. Sting
19. Warren Zevon - Werewolves of London (James)
20. ZZ Top

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) Complicated
2) Where It's At
3) White Wedding
4) Living on a Prayer
9) Thank You
14) Sweet Caroline
20) Sharp Dressed Man

JQ said...

5. More Than a Feeling
9. White Flag
11. Running on Empty
13. Don't Stop Believing
16. Monkey Gone to Heaven
19. Werewolves of London

Anonymous said...

7. The Wind
11. Doctor My Eyes
12. Imagine
14. Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show
15. Me and Julio Down at the Schoolyard
18. Message In a Bottle

Anonymous said...

17) Bullet With Butterfly Wings
18) Desert Rose
20) Legs. If it's not Legs, you've got a deeper ZZ Top wheelhouse than I'd care to know.

Anonymous said...

5. Let Me Take You Home Tonight
18. (I realize that previously I had entered a Police song. Whoops)

Flax said...

Sorry, Tyler - it's not Legs either. I didn't think this song was particularly obscure - it's one of the choices on Alma's karaoke microphone - but maybe I was wrong.

Anonymous said...

6. Glycerine

JQ said...

5. Amanda
10. My Sweet Lord
16. Here Comes Your Man
17. 1979
18. All This Time
20. La Grange

Greg said...

As you're a cinephile, I'm guessing the Pixies song is "Where is my Mind?" as featured in Fight Club. There's also "Debaser," but that seems too incongruous with the rest of the list.