Friday, August 26, 2005

Hey, prehistoric forest

Shortly after I made the last post I saw one more thing worthy of addition to that list: apparently they're coming out with a Special Edition DVD for Tommy Boy. Now, I love Tommy Boy; it's one of the few movies I have on DVD that I might consider a "guilty pleasure," because I mean, come on - it's so dumb, but it's hilarious. Regardless of my opinion on the film, though, talk about a movie that really didn't need a special edition - and yet they dug up a ton of stuff. Four featurettes? Seven storyboard comparisons? (This is one of those films where it's hard to believe they bothered having storyboards, but I guess I stand corrected.) 15 extended scenes? 19 TV spots, for crying out loud? To quote Richard, "Yikes." On the plus side, we now know for certain how to spell "Schnike."

No comments: