Wednesday, August 10, 2005

So we're gonna try this thing

Here's the deal. I've been thinking recently about converting the "blog" portion of BigFlax.com into, well, an actual blog. Why? A few reasons.

1. Easier commenting. Call me an attention whore, but I enjoy knowing when people have read what I've written. But I tend to get few if any comments in the forum on BigFlax, probably because people rarely feel motivated enough to click over there and start a thread. But if all they had to do was enter a comment in a box at the bottom of the entry, maybe they'd do it more often. Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, but it's worth a shot.

2. I feel like it will just be easier for me. For one thing, this means I can update from any computer anywhere, so you won't necessarily have to go days without an update just because I might be out of town. Plus, it's easier to just click open a browser, type a few things, and publish, as opposed to opening FrontPage, entering some stuff, reopening it to make sure there aren't any three-space breaks between sentences, blah.

3. Easier links on the side. Not that there's anything wrong with my friends/links page, and by all means still visit it. But I can now have a list of all the blogs I look at in any way, and I won't have to feel like I'm cluttering up my site too much.

We'll give it a whirl, at least. Archives from beyond the current month will be converted into normal BigFlax.com pages, so this won't be too different except for on a day-to-day posting basis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel like my world was just turned upside down.