Sunday, May 07, 2006

Uninteresting!

I had originally conceived this post as something of a "I finally broke par at Par King!" post, but then I thought about it - and went back and counted the rounds. Would you believe this is only the sixth time I've ever played at Par King? It's now three rounds each on the red and black courses. On the other hand, every round was between one and three shots over par, and certainly I had a couple rounds where I was almost there but just had a bad break or two that kept it from happening.

This round was nearly the same deal - as with my previous two Black Course experiences, the stupid 12th hole screwed with me. I did the exact same thing as last time - clang one, too-short two, clang three. This time I at least got the fourth to roll out the right way, and I drained a putt for five. (I putted great all day, which was the big factor.)

The real key to breaking par, it seems, is consistency. My card featured fourteen scores of 2, with the only counterexamples being a tough 3 at the sixth, an ace at the tenth (I have now aced this hole all three times I've played the course, but then it is pretty easy to do so, I think), the aforementioned 5, and a 3 on the roulette wheel at 18. Going into 18 I was just one-under, and was desperate not to take a 5, 6, or 7 so I could at least make par. (You may recall, or probably not, that I was on pace to break par last time out on the Red until taking a 6 at the last.) 3 is par, so no complaints there.

Boring! But I wanted to tell someone.

No comments: