Wednesday, January 25, 2006

You say tomato, I say squid peanuts

Drew and I went to Chicago Foods last night because I thought they would have C.C. Lemon (a Japanese soda which certainly sounds right up my alley). They didn't, but they did have plenty of crazy crap, some of which is immortalized in my new Gallery of Strange Food.

(One of the things at the store I did not buy was a package of what sure looked like chocolate-covered peanuts that were being hawked by a squid for some reason. According to my co-worker, though, the bag actually contains peanuts covered in a cracker-like shell that tastes like squid. As a famous philosopher once said, you have got to be fucking kidding me. This is why I adhere to a rule where you only buy things featuring at least one English word.)

No comments: