Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Two things I don't like

1. Someone bought billboard space right across from Wrigley and put up a sign congratulating the Cardinals on winning the Central. Motherfuckers.

2. Although the White Sox crashing out of the playoffs would be amusing (if I didn't live in Chicago, I'd be nervous for them, but when you actually live here and realize how obnoxious most Sox fans are, suddenly it's good riddance), I don't like the fact that for them to do so would almost certainly mean the Yankees would be in. I can't see that team winning in October, but that they would even have a chance is sickening. (Plus, there isn't an AL contender I truly trust right now in a seven-game series, meaning New York would have as good a chance as anyone. And that just can't be allowed.) Maybe the best scenario is for the Indians to take the Central, so it's still quite the collapse, but for the White Sox to take the wild card (at which point they'd lose in the first round anyway) and, of course, Boston to win the East.

No comments: