Sunday, September 04, 2005

Kicking and blogging

So you may have noticed that the "Cubs Diary" wasn't exactly getting updated. Or you may not have noticed, because I bet three people even thought to read it, ever. Anyway, the gist of that was, almost as soon as I started it, the Cubs began their post-All-Star swoon, and at that point it just wasn't any fun. Maybe I'll try it again next year, but right now I've moved on to a better idea - a soccer blog. Kind of a journal of the travails of being a soccer fan in America, mixed with game observations and that sort of thing. It's a good time to start - the Premiership season is just getting underway, and we're heading into the home stretch for the World Cup next summer. (In fact, I'm about to go watch the tape-delayed broadcast of the U.S.-Mexico rematch.) And it's better than with the Cubs because I don't have a severe enough attachment to run screaming from making updates with a couple losses. (Not that I'll be turning cartwheels if Man City loses five in a row after I've started, but... whatever. I started following them in May.)

Anyway, this may well have even less of an appeal to my general readership than the Cubs thing did, but I'm going to have more fun with this one, you can bet on that.

No comments: