Saturday, June 07, 2008

Back in town

I'm back from San Diego. A deeper discussion of this with pictures will be up within a few days once Alma can get all her photos into the computer, but it was pretty nice, even if I only managed to see one of the two Cubs wins and had to sit through their loss. By far the worst part of the trip was the flight back in - in particular, the end of it, which was at best the second-worst turbulence I can recall having to deal with thanks to 35 mph winds at O'Hare - and while the weather wasn't quite as warm as maybe I would have liked, it's not bad when the weather is in the mid-60s with some sun and no humidity. It certainly isn't worse than the steamy 85 degrees I came back to.

All in all, it was a pretty fun time, and a good choice for my first true vacation since 1994. I don't know if I'll be able to take a vacation like that every year, but I'd like to. I think it's been good for me to just have some time away, not having to worry about anything. (Kudos to work for not calling me in a panic at any point.)

No comments: