Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm not the first Sparkle

The yo-yo weather continues. We get a great weekend - two straight days (Sunday and Monday) that ranged from mid-70s to low-80s, and the scheduled storms managed only to come overnight, leaving enough time for things to dry out by the time I'd be awake enough to go outside, thus enabling Alma and me to squeeze in another round of mini golf on Monday afternoon - and then I wake up today and it's 43 degrees with a wind chill dropping it to nearly freezing. This delightful meteorological anomaly is known as a "pneumonia front," and apparently this was only the seventh time it's happened in recorded weather history. It's supposed to warm back up by the end of the week, and then rain for much of next week while maintaining high temperatures on the warm side - but then I won't be here next week, and hopefully the weather in San Diego will be what the weather in San Diego is known for being. Of course the ten-day for San Diego lists temperatures for next week like "high 67, low 61" and "high 65, low 61," which isn't bad, but probably could have been a little warmer. I suppose this is what I get for scheduling a vacation during the June Gloom.

No comments: