Sunday, May 25, 2008

Cold snapped

While it's not 2001 - the year that set the record for "most late-season days without hitting 70," by not reaching that mark until June 7 - this spring has been pretty miserable so far. It's only cracked 70 on a handful of occasions, then only barely, and usually it's timed that to coincide with rain, making the warmer temperatures impossible to enjoy. With that in mind, today was probably the first truly nice day of the year, getting all the way up to 77 and only delivering a sprinkle of rain around 1:30 or so. It was a bit windy, but I like wind in the right conditions anyway. Alma and I, along with Justin and Margie, made the first mini golf trip of the year (to Par King) as a result. You can find the results on the Mini Golf page if you want to. Which you don't.

We stopped by Cold Stone afterwards and I had some of their Oatmeal Cookie Batter ice cream, which I hadn't seen before. Pretty good.

Speaking of hopefully enjoying better weather, I'm off to San Diego in a week. Maybe the Cubs can stop sucking ridiculous amounts of ass on the road while I'm there. We can only hope. I'll try to take pictures (or have Alma take pictures/video, since her camera is better and can take videos with sound) and then post them when I get back, although no promises. I may also have some updates from San Diego if Alma brings the laptop, since I'll actually have things to update about (unlike the usual week).

Other exciting (?) developments: the Lost finale is on Thursday, and I will spending three hours re-watching the first part and then watching parts two and three. I've got high hopes for it - last year's finale ruled, and while it seems unlikely that this year's can do anything quite so head-spinning, there's a lot more going on plot-wise right now. I briefly considered doing a Simmons-esque running diary for it, but that seems like more work than I need to put into the eventual blog entry for it considering I know like three people who actually watch the show.

No comments: