Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

A happy Mother's Day to all the mothers I know, including my mom, my sister, Grandma Flaxman, Aunt Joan, Aunt Denise, Aunt Ginny, Sheilah, and anyone I may be stupidly forgetting.

EDIT: As noted in the comments, I did end up stupidly forgetting Alma's mother, which is particularly embarrassing. So a happy belated Mother's Day, and my endless thanks, to her as well.

In more me-oriented news - since I know that's why you're all here - I'm trying yet another attempt at self-betterment. I've been lagging on exercise lately, in part because of acid-related issues and in part because I've been pretty busy between school and work (and moving, more recently). I hope to get back into that soon, but another thing I'm going to try is calling a moratorium on frozen dinners, which until this point had pretty much formed the backbone of my eating habits. Calorie-wise they were healthy enough, but of course those things are loaded with sodium, and while they're convenient and require no dish washing, I'm sure I can do better. For example: frozen chicken breasts and a George Foreman grill. My new place didn't come with a microwave, so that gives me a pretty good excuse to break the habit. Also, it's kind of pathetic of me to be so reliant on frozen dinners anyway. I've already made some lifestyle changes, so might as well work at another one.

I don't think I have too many readers at this point who live alone, but do any of you have general suggestions as far as things you did or do to sustain yourself that weren't microwave-related?

No comments: