Monday, June 30, 2008

Just for fun

Alma found a bag of old candy while we were looking for new candy in her parents' dining room. How old? Well, there were some marshmallows marked as expiring in 1999, and a bunch of Laffy Taffy that, according to Alma, she sold for a class fundraiser in 1997 or 1998. Then, she dared me to eat one.



Thanks to the quality of the camera phone, it can be a little hard to hear me, so I made the following transcript in case you really wanted to know:

Alma: Okay, go ahead.
Me: I used to buy these at the Prescription Counter for a nickel. Man, this is gonna be like, totally stuck to the wrapper, isn't it.
Alma: Yeah.
Me: [unintelligible]
[I eat the candy]
Me: "What do you drop when you're using it, but pick up when you're not?"
Alma: Um, I don't know.
Me: "An anchor." Ohh!
Alma: How is it?
Me: Not really a joke...
Alma: [laughs]
Me: Um, it tastes a little like paint.
Alma: Is that how they usually taste?
Me: Yeah, pretty much.
Alma: Okay, don't eat any more, all right?
Me: Mmm! [moves package towards mouth]
Alma: Hold on, hold on, hold up the wrapper, I wanna get the, uh, the year on the-
Me: Oh. Mm, here.
[The copyright year is 1995.]
Alma: Okay.

And yes, I know - the position I was sitting in makes me look really fat. No need to mention it.

No comments: