Sunday, February 18, 2007

Tournament time

Here it is: your official announcement for the 2007 BigFlax.com NCAA Tournament Challenge.

Rules to keep in mind:

1) Entrants need either to be known to me or known to someone who knows me. So feel free to let your friends know, but make sure you're not sending me any total flakes.

2) Entry fee is five dollars, unless you're with the California Department of Beverage Control, in which case it's free.

3) All entry fees must be received by Thursday, March 15, with no exceptions, or your entry will be discarded. In the past I've resisted doing this because I hate losing contestants, but that's preferable to the end result of me covering anyone who didn't pay up. Don't be the guy who's too cheap to pony up for a stamp; if you don't have any other way to get it to me by March 15, mail it. This gives you about a month to do it, so no excuses.

4) To sign up, e-mail bigflax (at) gmail (dot) com. If I already have your preferred e-mail address, expressing interest in the comments section here is acceptable.

5) Rules for the tournament itself remain more or less the same as in previous years. Scoring is conducted along the same lines as ESPN's Tournament Challenge, with the exception of the upset bonus. A full version of the rules will go up soon.

Feel free to ask any questions in the comments.

No comments: