Saturday, February 10, 2007

Hot blooded, check it and see

I almost never get sick, as most of you know, but this was kind of a bad week. First, I didn't get a ton of sleep any of the nights (probably 6 and a half hours max), and then on Friday, a water main broke at Belmont and Sheridan. Traffic on the Drive was redirected all the way to Irving Park, including my bus. I had to walk back 15 minutes to the apartment in sub-zero wind chill. By the end of the evening I had a small cough, but by this morning it had turned into a horrible dry hack. My voice is shot and my fever is creeping up on 102 (101.7 last I took it). I'm taking Sudafed Cold and Cough but it hasn't done a whole lot yet, despite the fact that I've done little since 1 pm today besides sleep.

A bad way to start the Alma birthday update, unfortunately, especially considering I'm missing birthday dinner with her family right now (after catching the one with her friends last night). Happy birthday, baby. Hopefully this doesn't keep us apart all weekend.

No comments: