Thursday, December 28, 2006

Not much toil or trouble, actually

Alma, taking a page from my dad's book, couldn't wait until the ninth to give me at least one of my "thirdiversary" presents, so she gave it to me tonight: a make-your-own bubble tea kit. She kept on telling me how much I was going to like it (until I had to tell her, "Stop overhyping it!"), but of course she was right. Although she cooked the first batch of pearls; we'll see what happens when I'm boiling them up myself at home. They have all kinds of syrups and powders you can get for flavor, but I think it's probably healthier just to make yourself a real fruit smoothie and get some pearls into it. (I did that tonight with frozen raspberries and it was plenty delicious, although incredibly full of seeds.)

Considering how often I stop in at Boba Bee these days, this is a nice alternative to have. I mean, you can get 90 servings' worth of pearls for 13 bucks, which will buy you three or four bubble teas at retail price, so... mmmmmmm. I wonder if Alma realizes she's created a monster.

No comments: