Monday, April 24, 2006

They're playing this on both courses

Drew and I went for a mini-golf outing today. It was originally intended simply to be a trip to Par King in Lincolnshire so that Drew could experience that course, but when he wasn't a huge fan and I was annoyed that my attempt to break par was derailed by the goddamn roulette wheel on 18 (I didn't even think I was playing that well, but it turned out I was basically trashing every personal course record prior to carding a 6 on the stupid game-of-chance final hole), we made a side trip to Mount Prospect, thanks to my absolutely awesome ability to remember the names of streets I read once, nine months ago. There we played both courses at Twin Links, our favorite Chicagoland course (and also one of the cheapest - $9 to play both courses, as opposed to Par King's $7-for-one). On the first course we both got 48 after Drew gave away a six-shot lead on the last four holes - this was the first (and, as it turned out, the only) time to date that either of us recorded a score worse than par on either Twin Links course. On the second course, Drew tore up the record books, setting or tying new personal records for everything except "most holes in one in a round," and setting or tying most of the course records. (I refer only to my personal stats, obviously.)

I guess no one really cares, and if you do the summaries are already on the mini golf page. I guess what I'm saying is, I love mini golf. If you're town and you want to play, well, I'm your man. (Tyler?) Few things are more fun than a good mini golf outing, I find.

No comments: