Monday, January 12, 2009

Lagged out

A quick check of the archives suggests that I was messed up for most of the week after returning from Australia as well, so perhaps I should have seen this coming, but man, do I ever feel like shit right now. It's been pretty messy since I got back - we landed in Chicago at 8:20 am, but that was 10:20 pm later that day Manila time (this after I had been up since 5 am Manila time and slept very little on the plane, as I never can sleep on planes for more than an hour or two). As a result, I ended up falling asleep at noon and waking up around 7 pm, then staying up till about 5 in the morning and sleeping until around 2 pm on Friday. It hasn't been much better since then; while the schedule itself has been slightly more regular, I've had trouble sleeping for more than six hours or so in a row. If it weren't for clocks, I'm not sure I could even tell you what time it was within four hours.

To add insult to injury, I hadn't yet been back to my apartment - where I left most of the contents of my wallet while I was away - when I headed to work from Alma's this morning. It dawned on me just as I was stepping onto the bus that my CTA card was not with me (thank God I was carrying enough cash). Then I had to have the front desk call up to work when I got there to let me in, because my building is smart enough to have security cards with your photo on them but too stupid to have a system where if you forget your card they can call up your ID photo by your name and just let you in. It's just as well that I got into work early enough to disrupt the prank my office mates had planned, because if they'd gone through with it and I had even remotely believed them, I don't think it would have been good for anyone.

All this is my way of telling you that the recap and pics won't be up until later this week - I was planning to start tonight but it's just not gonna happen aside from maybe copying the raw files into the computer. I'm sure you'll live. There are 30 pictures up on Facebook, if you didn't notice (if you're not friends with me and want to see them - well, too bad, or friend me), but the whole shebang will probably be more along the lines of 200-300, plus journal/commentary. I do hope to have it done by the end of the week.

No comments: