Friday, January 09, 2009

Airport additions

Over a year ago, I made a list post (based on Tyler's previous list post) of all of the airports I'd been to. The count then was 36, 27 within the US and 9 out of the country. The list, by my reckoning, has since expanded to 40 - one more in the US and three more international. I also think I made a mistake in my earlier list, so I'm amending that. New list below, with comments only on the additions/corrections:

Domestic
ALB - Albany, NY
ATL - Atlanta, GA
AUS - Austin, TX
BOS - Boston, MA
CLE - Cleveland, OH
CLT - Charlotte, NC
CMH - Columbus, OH
DCA - Washington National, DC
DEN - Denver, CO
DFW - Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
EWR - Newark, NJ
IAD - Washington Dulles, DC
IAH - Houston, TX
JFK - New York JFK, NY
LAX - Los Angeles, CA
MDW - Chicago Midway, IL
MOB - Mobile, AL
MSP - Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
MSY - New Orleans, LA
OAK - Oakland, CA
ORD - Chicago O'Hare, IL
PHL - Philadelphia, PA
PHX - Phoenix, AZ
SAN - San Diego, CA. Traveled here in June 2008 for vacation.
SAT - San Antonio, TX
SFO - San Francisco, CA
SJC - San Jose, CA
SLC - Salt Lake City, UT

International
AKL - Auckland, New Zealand
BNE - Brisbane, Australia
CCS - Caracas, Venezuela
CPT - Cape Town, South Africa
JNB - Johannesburg, South Africa
LGW - London Gatwick, UK
LHR - London Heathrow, UK
MNL - Manila, Philippines. This was the arrival point for my trip, as you would expect - it's basically the only international airport in the country. The airport also has a domestic terminal which serves as the base for short flights around the country, which I also made use of.
NRT - Tokyo Narita, Japan. Our trip to Manila connected through Narita. On the way back we actually had to stay overnight at a nearby hotel, which means I got to add Japan to my list of countries visited without any sense of incompleteness (it's in my passport now and everything!).
SID - Sal Island, Cape Verde. I originally listed RAI, the Praia airport, as the stopover point coming back from South Africa in 1997. But I was pretty much just guessing there, and the information I found today suggests that the Amilcar Cabral International Airport on Sal was the one that would have served as the stopover point.
SYD - Sydney, Australia
TBH - Tablas, Romblon, Philippines. We flew here from Manila on our trip to Romblon province. It's certainly the tiniest airport I've ever been to - there's a single building which doesn't even have real doors on the outside, a single airstrip with livestock milling within feet of it, and not even so much as a metal detector.

Full Philippines post coming in a while, although like San Diego it's going to be on BigFlax and just linked here, for space and organization reasons.

No comments: