Thursday, January 08, 2009

I have returned

Back from the Philippines. Pretty good trip, and one from which I have lots of multimedia content which I will try to post by the end of the weekend (i.e. before I have to go back to work). I'm pretty severely jet-lagged at the moment, which is no surprise. Heading west across the Pacific, we arrived in Manila late at night after about 21 hours of transit, meaning that we could go right to sleep and wake up the next day ready to go. Coming back, however, we had an overnight stay in Tokyo, followed by a weird 11-hour flight during which we flew into darkness and then landed in Chicago at 8:20 in the morning on Thursday after leaving Japan at noon on Thursday. Worse still, by noon in Chicago I was crashing hard, since it was 3 am Friday in Japan by that point and I had been up since 6 am Thursday with minimal sleep on the plane. The upshot is that an hour ago I woke up from a seven-hour "nap." I'm not even sure what to do now. I have to hope I can fall asleep again in the next six hours or so (not later than 2 am Chicago time) and then sleep more or less through the night. All I can say is at this point I'm liking my decision to take Friday off work as well.

No comments: