Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Winner, winner, lobster dinner

Ridiculous won the day, as my chops-plus-Hulk-Hogan-mustache was enough to win the beard contest. My boss came in with his beard shaved into a Backstreet-Boy-like configuration, and wore a white shirt and sunglasses such that he ended up looking kind of like Justin Timberlake in the "Dick in a Box" video, which was pretty hilarious. I voted for him since we couldn't vote for ourselves, but I got maybe half the votes of the people assembled, with the other six present contestants splitting up the rest. I suppose I'm relieved that I didn't go through all that work for nothing (there was prize money associated with the win), although it was kind of an amusing exercise on its own.

So what did it look like all done up? Well, here you go:



I'm not sure if you can get the full "biker" vibe off that Jack Daniel's headgear at this angle, but I think you get the idea. My boss had given me that a couple weeks ago as a joke (I think his friend won it at a bar and, for obvious reasons, neither of them wanted it), and I actually won lunch from him a couple of weeks ago by wearing it around the office for a day. Since I was going for kind of a biker look anyway, I figured it completed the ensemble, and the voters evidently agreed.



It doesn't even look much like me, does it?

No comments: