Wednesday, January 09, 2008

A totally awesome day

Why, you ask? Because I just found out they're opening a Noodles and Company across the street from where I work!

Okay, that was a joke. I mean, that's cool and all, but the day was awesome because I surprised Alma with a fourth anniversary dinner and presents. I got out of work a little early and drove up, fortunately catching her just as she was starting her dinner, which she was able to put on hold for the next night. We went out for Indian, which was pretty good (if slightly marred by a slow start to the service, though it was close to flawless after the first 10 minutes), and then we came back home and had a nice bottle of ice wine I'd picked up. It was a nice classy night without being anything too ostentatious, a fairly quiet, enjoyable anniversary.

But then every anniversary is enjoyable with Alma. My best friend, my soulmate, the love of my life - every day is a good day when we're together. Happy anniversary, baby. Here's to dozens more.

No comments: