Sunday, January 06, 2008

Lord almighty, I feel my temperature rising

Just a few days ago, the overnight low was in the single digits and it snowed like crazy. Today it is in the mid-50s and the high tomorrow is slated for - according to the Weather Channel forecast I'm looking at - 59, with a low of 51. Unfortunately there are also supposed to be thunderstorms, which will likely preclude me from enjoying this weather in any way. But a 50-degree temperature increase in less than a week is insane, even for Chicago. I remember junior year when we had a prolonged super-cold snap and then suddenly it leapt to 32 and it felt balmy... but today it actually is balmy. Quite strongly so. Fun while it lasts, I guess. The upcoming week is actually supposed to be decent, although there's a big difference between 58 decent and 38 decent.

No comments: