Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I'll take "Vague Stories" for $200, Alex

Not much going on lately. I went to an audition for Jeopardy! today; I shouldn't say a whole lot beyond that, but there isn't much to tell. I'm sure I did well on the actual question part, but personality is part of it and it's hard to cover up the fact that I'm deathly boring. They don't tell you if you're getting on; you just go into a contestant pool and either they pull you out sometime in the next year or two, or they don't. So now we play the waiting game.

...ah, the waiting game sucks. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!

This lets me transition to my recent film reviews, which include The Simpsons Movie and the Netflix DVD I had for 11 months, Shopgirl, which turned out to be so bad I hate myself for having held onto it so long. Although after having a DVD that long, really, any movie short of Shawshank would have made me kick myself at least a little.

Other movies I've seen recently which form a backlog of reviews I still need to write: Meatballs, Sicko, Junebug, The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada, The Departed, Zodiac. I am quite a ways behind.

No comments: