Thursday, October 06, 2005

Days go by

Not much to report. Been working at my new job assignment; it's not bad so far, though perhaps not quite as fast-paced as the last one was. Still, I can't complain.

Started on the diet/exercise plan. At first I thought I would try to shoot for between 25 and 30 points per day, but Alma thinks this is probably not enough and my stomach is inclined to agree with her. After five days of trying it that way, I think I'm going to move up to 35 to 40 and see if that helps (my dad's original suggestion was 44 points anyway, which seemed outrageously high at the time but now sounds delightful). I know I'm trying to lose weight here, but there's no reason I should feel constantly hungry.

Anyway, the idea was also to exercise, which will allow me to eat more. Today Alma and I went to the gym. I did 20 minutes on the bike, twice what I did last time, followed by 15 reps on each arm with 15-pound weights of three different exercises (the chest press, the standard bicep curl, and another one whose name I don't remember). I probably burned between 150 and 200 calories. Not a lot, no, but cut me some slack. It's a start.

In nerdy blog news, those of you who are not big fans of Lost won't have to put up with it anymore only because I have given it its own blog. I freely admit to being pretty lame on this one, but I wanted a place to talk out (and compile) my thoughts on the show and predictions. Just be glad I never started one for Harry Potter.

No comments: