Thursday, March 26, 2009

Three guesses, and the first two don't count

From ESPN.com's recap of the Kentucky/Notre Dame NIT game, which Notre Dame won, in which it was speculated that Kentucky coach Billy Gillispie was on the hot seat after two disappointing years at Kentucky and could be fired any day now:

Asked about how he feels about all the judgment he's facing after posing a 40-27 record in two seasons at Kentucky, Gillispie said: "There's only one judgment I'll ever be concerned about, and I hope I pass that judgment. That's the only one I'll ever be concerned about, and I'm really proud that that's the only judgment that will ever have a real effect on me, and I hope I pass that one with flying colors."

Gillispie declined to answer when asked whose judgment he was referring to, saying it was obvious, apparently referring to Kentucky athletic director Mitch Barnhart.

You're kidding, right, ESPN? You don't really think he was referring to the Kentucky AD when he said all that stuff, do you? Because I will tell you right now: he was not.

No comments: