Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide

The Flax Changes Apartments sweepstakes are over. And the winner is...

*drum roll*

...Evanston!

That's right, after more than three and a half years of being four blocks from Wrigley Field, I'm moving back up the shore to the town that started it all. Why Evanston? Well, for one thing, it's cheaper - not a ton, perhaps, but cheaper nonetheless. It's like a good Chicago neighborhood at bad Chicago neighborhood prices! (Not quite that low. But it is cheaper, I assure you. Not having to pay for a city sticker come July: priceless.) The commute to work will be longer, but not by a ton - I can catch the Purple Line Express in the morning and cruise to Belmont. Nights after class might suck a little, but that's already true. It's a nice area and one I'm already very familiar with. And, perhaps most importantly, it moves me moderately closer to Alma, both at home and at school. That's always a good thing.

So the moving process will take place sometime in the next three weeks, primarily. That'll be kind of annoying; I don't have too much to move, and this will be a good excuse to throw some stuff out, but I do have a couple large things that will make a Uhaul pretty much necessary. I'm also going to have to buy some stuff, since almost none of the stuff outside the bedroom right now is mine. It'll take some work, but maybe this time I can actually make it look like an adult lives there.

No comments: