Tuesday, March 04, 2008

What self-respecting classic rock station would play Gordon Lightfoot?

On Saturday, I was in the car when the Drive - WDRV, 97.1 FM, the classic rock station out here - played Loverboy's "Working for the Weekend." Now, I have no specific objection to the song itself, but... classic rock? This is right up there with WCBS in New York starting to play disco alongside the traditional "oldies." (The title of the post is an approximation of a quote from my dad upon hearing a Lightfoot song [possibly "If You Could Read My Mind"] on Philadelphia's ostensible classic rock station some time in the late 90s.)

I had my first exam for Intro to Psychology tonight; pretty sure I rocked it, unless the professor is the hardest grader known to man. 55 points available, so that multiplies out to 110 - meaning that if I did as well as I think I did, an A+ is not out of the question. I should probably avoid getting ahead of myself here, but the point is I'm happy with how it went. Gotta get those As.

No comments: