Sunday, July 15, 2007

The district soaks its feet tonight

For those who don't know, Alma and I drove out to Washington on Saturday to spend a couple of days in DC, seeing my family and doing touristy stuff. Today we walked around DC checking out the major monuments, including the Jefferson, to which I had never been. Our route is mapped out here. It was a pretty good chunk of distance - 3.39 miles, which doesn't even include the walking around the various monuments, so we certainly did at least 3.5 and probably closer to four, all told. Throw in the mile walk to the Bethesda Metro and we almost certainly did at least five miles of walking today, and the temperature was in the high 80s the whole time. More of my exercise recently has come in the form of these long walks, and while they're not as efficient as runs, they're certainly lower stress. That said, my feet are pretty tired right now.

Tomorrow: no rest for the weary, as a trip to the Smithsonian is planned.

No comments: