Saturday, February 25, 2006

No more mouth strain with Fluffy Puff Nibblers

It has been suggested to me that the recent trend towards long-form updates discourages reading the entire thing and thus discourages commenting. I think the updates just look longer because of the Blogger format and that on the old Bigflax pages they wouldn't seem as bad. That said, I'll grant that some of the recent updates have indeed been fairly long. So here's a couple of morsels that I could have added to the last post, but didna:

*I saw something on ESPN.com the other day that asked the question, "Can a complete unknown win Bassmasters 2006?" My answer: "Necessarily!"

*I'm a little worried about the NCAA Tournament changing the rules so that teams from the same conference can meet as early as the second round. They claim it's a reaction to the large number of teams from the Big East - but do you think the committee really wants to match teams from one of its marquee conferences that early? Anyway, even with ten Big East teams in the tournament, there's no need to match them or anyone else up that early. If they have to fudge a couple seed lines like they do every year, what's the difference? The point is, I watch the tournament to see teams from different conferences play each other. If I wanted a bunch of rematches from February, I'd just watch the conference tournaments. (Oh, wait, I do that too. Still, you know what I'm saying here.)

No comments: