Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The road to wherever the crap

For just the third time since leaving high school, and the first without having to resort to single-elim playoffs, the team I was on won a tournament this past weekend, and in the best possible place - a 9-1, oh-so-close to undefeated campaign at TRASH Midwest Regionals to give ourselves an automatic berth into TRASHionals, wherever it ends up being. (I'd like something fairly close, but que sera sera.)

The recap of the tournament, which is not all that funny but at least tells you what happened, is here.

One of our prizes for winning was a VHS copy of Left Behind: The Movie, which had apparently been left behind (eh? eh?) in the bargain bin at Blockbuster. Alma and I actually subjected ourselves to it; it is indeed pretty terrible. I may actually write a review, or maybe I'll just get bored. Maybe one of these days I'll put up a FOGHAT recap too, but then we didn't win that one.

No comments: